FDLRS Child Find, in coordination with the school districts, assists in locating children who are potentially eligible for services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and links them with needed services.
Child Find services help to promote general public awareness of programs and services available for young children who have or are at risk of developing disabilities. Service coordination for diagnostic screening, training, and support may also provided.
For more information on Child Find services in your area, contact FDLRS Gulfcoast Associate Center.
*If your child is enrolled in public school, please contact the School Counselor for assistance.
Child Find Offices (click on link)
Resources (click on link)
- Child Find Information Video : VIDEO
- Child Find Facts and Q & A
- Florida Early Learning Standards (Birth-Age 3)
- Florida Early Learning Standards (Age 4-Kindergarten)
- Florida Early Steps Program
- Office of Early Learning
- Is your child AT RISK?
- Newborn Screening (by state)
- What should I expect from my 3 year old?
- What should I expect from my 4 year old?
- What should I expect from my 5 year old?
Services provided by our Child Find Specialist
- Child Find Service Coordination
- CHRIS Database
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Early Childhood Developmental Screenings, Coordination, and Resources
- Early Childhood Development
- Early Learning Coalitions
- Interagency Collaboration
- Part C to B Transition Facilitation, Resources, Training, Technical - Assistance
- Pre-K ESE Coordination and Meeting/Support
- Support BDI Implementation
- Technical Assistance