FDLRS Parent Services provides information, training, and support to districts and families, in order to promote effective parent participation in the education of children who are exceptional and/or have special needs.
Parent services include assistance in the development of family-friendly programs, training and support for services for children with disabilities, and the support of partnerships between schools and parents to support student achievement.
For more information on Parent services in your county, contact FDLRS Gulfcoast Parent Services Specialist.
Services/Professional Development offered by our Parent Services Specialist
- Active Parenting
- Coordination/Support for Local Parent Conferences/Events
- Creating Family Friendly Schools
- Facilitated IEPs
- Parental Involvement in Education
- Resource for Parent Access to LRP Publications
- Support to Parent Liaisons
- Technical Assistance
- Variety of Workshops for Parent Groups and Conference
- Parent Webinars