FDLRS Parent Services provides information, training, and support to districts and families, in order to promote effective parent participation in the education of children who are exceptional and/or have special needs.
Parent services include assistance in the development of family-friendly programs, training and support for services for children with disabilities, and the support of partnerships between schools and parents to support student achievement.
Services/Professional Development offered by our Parent Services Specialist
- Active Parenting
- Coordination/Support for Local Parent Conferences/Events
- Creating Family Friendly Schools
- Facilitated IEPs
- Parental Involvement in Education
- Resource for Parent Access to LRP Publications
- Support to Parent Liaisons
- Technical Assistance
- Variety of Workshops for Parent Groups and Conference
- Parent Webinars