BEESS Portal - (PDA) Professional Development Alternatives Online Courses
Professional Development Alternatives (PDA) Online Courses offer professional development that is designed to assist educators with responding to instructional and behavioral needs of each learner to maximize achievement for all students. Many of the PDA courses support the re-certification requirement of 20 hours in teaching students with disabilities (Renewal Credit in Teaching Students with Disabilities 1012.585, F.S.), however, each school district or private school agency determines which modules satisfy the content requirement for their employees. FDLRS reports in-service credits to school districts and private school agencies through their approved Professional Learning Catalog (PLC) or its equivalent. It is the responsibility of educators who are not employed to ensure, prior to registration, which district or agency will submit their in-service credits to FLDOE.
Click here to access a current listing of PDA courses, noting point value for recertification and ESE point designation.
FDLRS Gulfcoast Summer 2020 PDA Facilitated Courses
- Positive Behavior Supports: Understanding Student Behavior (60pts) 7/13/20-9/15/20 (required participation in three, one hour virtual meetings: 7/13, 7/29, 8/26)
- Introduction to Differentiated Instruction (20pts) 7/14/20-9/8/20 (required participation in three, one-hour virtual meetings: 7/14, 7/27, 8/1)
Statewide Summer 2020 PDA Facilitated Courses
Click the above link for information and registration directions for the following statewide offerings:
- Positive Behavior Support (60credits)
- Assessment and Evaluation (60credits)
- Foundations of Exceptional Education (60credits)
- Technology for Student Success: An Introduction (20credits)
- Introduction to Differentiating Instruction (20credits)
Participation in three online group meetings is required in each course in addition to content completion.