FDLRS Child Find, in coordination with the school districts, assists in locating children who are potentially eligible for services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and links them with needed services.
Child Find services help to promote general public awareness of programs and services available for young children who have or are at risk of developing disabilities. Service coordination for diagnostic screening, training, and support may also provided.
For more information on Child Find services in your area, contact FDLRS Gulfcoast Associate Center.
*If your child is enrolled in public school, please contact the School Counselor for assistance.
- Child Find Facts and Q & A
- Is your child AT RISK?
- Florida Early Learning Standards (Birth-Age 3).
- Newborn Screening (by state)
- What should I expect from my 3 year old?
- What should I expect from my 4 year old?
- What should I expect from my 5 year old?
- Florida Early Steps Program
- Division of Early Learning
- Florida Early Learning Standards (Age 4-Kindergarten)
- Child Find Awareness/Outreach
- Child Find Service Coordination
- CHRIS Database
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Early Childhood Developmental Screenings, Coordination, & Resources
- Early Childhood Development
- Early Learning Coalitions
- Interagency Collaboration
- Part C to B Transition, Resources, Training, Technical -Assistance
- Pre-K ESE Coordination and Meeting/Support
- Support BDI Implementation
- Technical Assistance