FDLRS Human Resources Development (HRD) function personnel collaboratively plan and provide information, professional development, technical assistance/consultation and resources related to effective instructional strategies and models for the education of children and youth who are exceptional and/or have unique needs based on locally assessed needs and established priorities.
HRD services include needs assessments and personnel development with multi-level professional development activities at the awareness, comprehensive, integration, application, and follow-up levels.
For more information on HRD services in your area, contact FDLRS Gulfcoast Associate Center HRD Specialist.
July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022
The course focuses on strategies to help instructional staff: (1) Implement Visuals to Support Instruction (2) Keep Motivation Levels High and Active (3) Provide Sufficient and Appropriate Sensory Breaks (4) Meet the Needs of All 2e Students
The course focuses on strategies to help instructional staff work more effectively with their MBA and/or Paraprofessional by: (1) Developing effective communication strategies (2) Understanding the differences in roles and responsibilities (3) Developing shared expectations and mechanisms
May 11, 2022
Are you a general educator who supports students with disabilities in your classroom? If so, join us for this facilitated virtual professional learning session. Here are questions we will address: 1. What impact has the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) had on students and teachers who support them? 2.What is the Individual Education Plan (IEP)? 3.What is my role and responsibilities in the process?
Access to the General Curriculum
- Behavior Management Strategies
- Classroom Management
- Differentiated Instruction
- Disability Awareness
- ESE 101
- Evidence Based Instructional Strategies for all Content Areas
- Explicit Instruction
- Facilitated IEP
- IEP Guide
- Matrix of Services
- Multisensory Learning
- Strategic Instruction Model (SIM) (Content Enhancement, Learning Strategies)
- Universal Design for Leaning
- Virtual Instruction
FDLRS Gulfcoast Technical Assistance
• Classroom Observations and Demonstrations
• Professional Learning Communities
• Best Practices in Working with Students with Disabilities
Teachers can now access our one stop shop for quick tutorials and resources to help in:
- Accessing Canvas and the Resource Center
- Accessing and exploring Nearpod
- Using Microsoft Learn Tools (Dictation, Immersive Reader, Math Tool, Word Predication)
- Exploring math and reading virtual manipulatives
- Exploring resources on how to virtually support mental health for your students